With the State of New York at a standstill, our growing boredom can lead to negative thoughts. Taking a shower to get back into pajamas can get a little depressing. In these trying times, it is easy to focus solely on what we lack. Let’s look at the bright side of things. Restaurants are closed, but we can order take out. Social distancing is in effect, but we have social media to connect. New York is on pause, but that doesn’t mean we can’t play (at home).
Let’s take a short moment to appreciate the small things in life that can bring the most joy:
- The sunrise every morning-The sun rises every morning, without asking for permission.
What a rebel! Be like the sun today (indoors of course).
- Internet access- You have access to so much information at your fingertips! Use it wisely. Only watch the news when necessary and try keeping to positive movies. My favorite movies are Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and Memoirs of a Geisha.
- My friends and family- For the love, support, the kindness they offer. Without them, life would not be as bright.
- Time- I thought time to rest was only in my dreams. Now there is time to clean out the basement and finally finish that book. Stretch, smile and relax
- FaceTime- FaceTime allows us to catch up with friends and even partake in a virtual happy hour! Call up a couple of friends to vent or catch up. For those using Androids, there are numerous applications that allow for group video calls.
“When you can’t find the sunshine be the sunshine”